The Great Debate
With social media abuzz around the great debate of ‘is this a new decade or not’, I for one am excited for what this year and the 20s will bring! My focus: setting strategic goals. I stopped practicing new years resolutions many years back when I realized, they just didn’t work as measurements that were going to be truly attainable in a new year.
What I have found effective is practicing setting strategic goals throughout the year. But, I do have specific goals I set at the top of the year to get me motivated for the year to come. The beginning of a year is a time of reflection, renewal, reworking, and revitalization for me; and this new year and decade (I chose a side) has come with a sense of accomplishment just waiting for me to get there!
In order to walk into what is waiting for me, I have a few things I do to prioritize:
1. Identify the most important thing(s) I need to accomplish this year with realistic dates set to accomplish them
2. WRITE IT DOWN and post it prominently so that I see them daily, weekly etc.….
3. Create a process and/or processes to ensure I have the tools and support necessary to achieve them
4. Revisit my list of goals at set times to ensure I am on track
5. Get started and stay committed to my process.
I am beyond excited about this year and what’s in store. Whether your decade started 01/01/20 or will start 01/01/21, I pray you to walk in His will for your life and blow your goals out of the water! I know I am!