This Wednesday we are going to wrap up our discussion on credit and cover the do’s and don’ts around your credit when purchasing.
1. Pull your credit to see where you stand, every consumer in America is entitled to a free credit report every year www.annualcreditreport.com.
2. Contact a credit repair company if you feel you need a little extra help (we have great referrals).
3. Contact the three bureaus – Experian, Trans Union & Equifax if you find an error to begin making corrections.
4. Pay all your credit lines and loans on time.
5. As questions of your real estate broker and/or lender if you are unsure.
1. Have your credit pulled (inquiries) for any reason while you are purchasing a home, only your lender should be accessing your credit during this time.
2. Open new accounts of any kind for any reason.
3. Buy any large items either using your credit (auto loan purchase); or your current credit cards or lines (large purchase charged on your account). Wait until your transaction is closed and you have your keys in hand before making any purchases.
4. Pay your bills late.
5. Co-sign for anyone for anything, this will end up on your credit report.
6. Use Your Credit During Your Purchase!
We hope this segment was useful, if you have any questions feel free to leave a message in the comments section or shoot us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Have a great week!